- Any size clean jar, preferably glass.
- Fine sea salt
- Organic almond oil or sunflower seed oil
- Essential oils of grapefruit, rose geranium, and rosemary (Tri-Doshic blend)- this blend of oils will generally be good for all constitutions.
- Fill jar halfway with sea salt
- Slowly fill jar with your oil; it takes a little time for the salt to absorb the oil. Poke and stir the oil into the salt with a wooden spoon or chopstick. Once the oil is nicely absorbed into the salt, add a little more salt, and a little more oil (small amounts at a time) until your jar is full. You want a small layer of oil floating above the salt.
- Add total of 12 drops essential oil per ounce of scrub.
- Wipe down the jar, label it with a happy name such as, "I Am Radiant Scrub" and VOILA!
Use daily or as desired to nourish your skin. Use gentle flowing strokes towards the heart as you scrub. Be careful getting in and out of your bathing environment as it will get a little slippery with the oil.
Optional nourishing oils: Sesame, Gotu Kola infused oil, St. John's Wort infused oil, Calendula infused oil. (If using infused oils; you can use 10% infused oil added to your primary oil).
Optional Essential Oil Favorites: You should like how this smells! Find the aromas that make your heart and mind sing. Some favorites are: Vetiver, Red Mandarin, Ginger or Roman Chamomile, Ylang Ylang, and Grapefruit. Use caution with skin irritating oils such as Peppermint, Clove, Cinnamon and Thyme.
From Yoga Journal contribution writer, Stephanie Bernstein, the Founder and CEO of To-Go Ware.